World Bar

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Rashun 2 months, 1 week ago.

Savy
    Keymaster
    You’ll hear me talk about this a lot in the tutorial videos. The World Bar is where you can build your world! You can get to it from any story by going into the Writer and clicking on the world icon on the right side of the screen. The World Bar has all sorts of lingo attached to it such as World Categories and Element Cards. World Categories are the folders that sort your element cards by type. Any card you add to your world is an Element Card. Right now there are 36 different world categories you can choose from to really nail the world building for your story. Add the ones that apply to your world/story and build away. Happy Writing!
  • Replies
    Michael Brown
    Participant
    I want to delete a couple of character cards.  I found instructions somewhere else in the FAQ and tried them over and over (drag to center of screen and release into trash). No trash every shows up anywhere.

Can you please give me better instructions on how to do this?  Thanks.

Philip
    Participant
    Hey Michael,

What system are you on? Windows, Mac, iPad? I’m on a Windows PC at the moment, and when I start dragging a card, I get a little trash icon at the bottom center of the window (see picture). Is that not popping up for you?

storyshop

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar Philip.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar Philip.
      Michael Brown
      Participant
      Hi Philip,

I’m on a Mac and using Safari.  No trash can shows up in Safari. However, I tried it in Chrome and it worked there.  If you work for Story Shop, you might tell them about Safari. Also, it did work in Chrome, but it was very difficult to get the trash can to turn red in order to delete. Maybe it’s just a skill I need to develop, or the sensitivity has to be worked on?

I also tried it in Chrome on an HP Chromebook and the trash can didn’t show up there also.

Thanks for your answer.  I put in a question a while ago about if there were any plans to keep versions and the ability to rollback to older versions. Right now editing in Story Shop makes me a bit nervous.

Philip
    Participant
    Michael,

I don’t work for StoryShop, just a user like you, but at least they’ll see your post here. The app appears to be in constant development, so perhaps they’re ironing these things out!

Rashun
    Participant
    Is there a way to transfer world cards to other worlds or do I have to make them again in that book?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.