Some key combination is returning my cursor to the start of the chapter?

StoryShop Forums All Things StoryShop StoryShop Troubleshooting Some key combination is returning my cursor to the start of the chapter?

G M
    Participant
    I’ll be typing away when suddenly my cursor will move up to the beginning of the chapter and my words will start pouring out up there.

As far as I can tell, it happens when I’m trying to type a capital T, such as in The… or Tomorrow… or Truly…

If I can reproduce this more successfully, I’ll post the steps to reproduce here, but can anyone tell me what that key combination is so I can avoid it?

Is there a reason this key combination exists? I’m not sure I want a keyboard shortcut that sends me back to the top of the chapter, especially not one that easy to type on accident while I’m writing at the bottom of the document.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      G M
      Participant
      I believe this actually isn’t a key combination. It happens when the app completes an autosave.

I’m using Chrome 74.0.3729.169 …I’ll try to see if this happens in other browsers as well.

StoryShop Uni
      Keymaster
      GM, sorry about this issue. Your second comment was correct. There is an autosave routine going on in the background that is causing certain users to experience a cursor jump back to the beginning of their document. We are working to address this issue and will have it fixed soon!
      Fire in the hole!
        G M
        Participant
        Oh good, devs are aware of it! Wonderful! Thank you for your hard work, I will wait patiently. Semi-patiently. 🙂
      StoryShop Uni
      Keymaster
      This bug has now been squashed. Sorry for the pain. Happy writing!
      Fire in the hole!
      Jonathon Evans
      Participant
      I’m still getting my cursor jump around all over the place. It’s insanely annoying.

The lack of on hover tooltips for the icons is a pain point as well. I try and get used to what each inscrutable icon means but I’m not having much joy with that. Then the cursor goes to a completely different part of the screen and I end up typing something in the wrong place.

I use Chrome on Windows with the Grammarly extension, none of which was a problem before the Storyshop overhaul. Any chance there’s a conflict there that’s causing a problem, or a more general problem? There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the cursor goes weird places.

StoryShop Uni
        Keymaster
        Jonathon,

This issue should be completely resolved. We’ve tested on all major browsers.

And we have now added hover overs for more helpful navigation throughout the site. I hope this helps your Storyshop experience!

Please send us a user ticket if you experience any other issues!

Fire in the hole!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.