Beats

Savy
    Keymaster
    A beat is a unit of organization–the building blocks to set the rhythm of your story. When you go into beats mode, you will see two types of beats: chapters and scenes. All scenes are contained within a chapter, but can be moved from one chapter to another. Beats allow you to plot your story, change an existing story, or leave notes so you don’t forget important details while you are writing.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      Jaye Sidhe
      Participant
      Apologies if this is a stupid question, or has been answered elsewhere.  I’ve been trying to figure out all the different elements of the beat sheet, not having much prior experience with them.

In particular, I’m wondering what the little box with the number in it, and the box labelled ‘Pulse’ are about (both of these elements appeared after clicking on an icon resembling a button for ‘bulleted list’ – they’re next to the chapter title field).  How am I meant to use these?

Jonathon Evans
      Participant
      How do I add my acts back in? Storyshop used to have space for me to put in the structure I wanted, so we naturally started with acts, nested chapters within those and scenes within those.
      Savy
      Keymaster

Jaye Sidhe: Apologies if this is a stupid question, or has been answered elsewhere.  I’ve been trying to figure out all the different elements of the beat sheet, not having much prior experience with them.

In particular, I’m wondering what the little box with the number in it, and the box labelled ‘Pulse’ are about (both of these elements appeared after clicking on an icon resembling a button for ‘bulleted list’ – they’re next to the chapter title field).  How am I meant to use these?

That’s a great question! We have a Youtube video that goes over each of the elements in the beats bar. I think it will do a better job than me describing each element in text right here. If you have additional questions, let me know and I’d be happy to go through the app with you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5FmgZyfTM

Savy
      Keymaster

Jonathon Evans: How do I add my acts back in? Storyshop used to have space for me to put in the structure I wanted, so we naturally started with acts, nested chapters within those and scenes within those.

We do not have acts in the current version, but you can use the pulse or the summary box to denote which act each chapter belongs to.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with!

Savy

[email protected]
      Participant
      So the video doesn’t explain what a “Pulse” Is. What is a Pulse? May we have a basic definition please? I can sense, that it is probably the emotion of the scene…?
      coca
      Participant
      The sharing forum I have read, the content is very practical, it gives me a lot of useful information, I like the content of your article very well. I hope you will have many new posts to share with readers.

mapquest directions

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.